The outbreak of respiratory disease from the Wuhan (China) is now widespread around the world. No country is safe from the coronavirus at this time.
Since, no vaccine has been discovered for the disease so far, the greatest weapon to fight with COVID-19 we have :
- Take the best virus protection measures.
- Uses of good face masks like an N95 face mask or any other best mask.
As mentioned above, coronavirus originated in China, through an animal source (expectedly bats or snakes). So it may be considered as a zoonotic disease. This virus is now expanding from human to human.
How could COVID-19 spread?
The virus can spread in different ways, like living with a Covid-19 patient or coexisting with him. Even breathing in the same atmosphere at a distance of fewer than six feet can cause this germ to show its effect. Moreover, if anybody touches something that has a virus and touches his mouth or face, the virus can enter the nose and mouth through his fingers.
Research shows that visitors from the area where Covid-19 was found were also affected. For these reasons, people living with infected people are becoming more susceptible to COVID, especially from the medical staff or the patient’s family.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Specific symptoms of COVID-19 are listed below:
- High fever
- Runny nose
- Dry cough
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest and body aches
If anyone has any of these symptoms, he should immediately consult with an expert physician and get his thorough checkup.
What complications can COVID-19 cause?
- This disease primarily affects the lungs. Therefore, that could be a cause of pneumonia in both lungs.
- Some organs could stop working.
- Death could also occur.
How can you protect yourself from COVID-19?
As everyone knows, there is no vaccine and no cure for this disease yet. Therefore, prevention is considered a cure against COVID-19. You can cope with this virus by making only some changes in your daily routine.
- Be careful about meeting sick people. Even avoid it, if you can.
- Make it a habit to wash your hands with soap and water frequently. Wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Without washing your hands, do not touch your nose, mouth, or face at all.
- If soap or water is not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer. Choose a sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent of the alcohol content.
- Try to stay most of the time indoors.
- If it is essential to leave the house, do not leave without masking your face. The best masks for this purpose are N 95 masks. You can also use surgical masks.
Take extra caution if you are sick.
- To protect others from COVID-19 respiratory illness, you must isolate yourself into your home.
- While sneezing or coughing, always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, and then discard it.
- Things or places that you touch frequently should be clean and disinfect always.
The Bottom Line:
Remember, unless a cure for COVID-19 is discovered, you can win this battle just by the best virus protection. Do not forget the importance of face masks.